Friday 29 July 2011

Tyma and Dizzy- Barber Mills

When Tyma and Dizzy first got in contact with me for a photoshoot with a "Crossroads" feeling to it. I was kind of stumped. I didn't really know of too many actual crossroads that would have given is the feeling these two artists were trying to convey. I, being a big fan of urban exploration and urban decay, thought of Barber mills, in Georgetown.





To me, this place seemed to be where one would have to decide to remain and keep on hustling, or abandon your foundations in an attempt to strike out on your own somewhere else and start anew.

This broken down paper mill gave me that feeling. After climbing through a hole in the barbed wiire fence, we were inside a gold mine of photo ops. What ensued would turn out to be some of the best on location creaive portraits I've worked on in a while.



At one point we heard a crazy Ruckus and a bunch of guys with Airsoft Pellet guns came barreling around the coruner, guns ablaze. We worked them into the shoot of course! Gotta seize the moment. They were all "Gung-ho" (no pun intended) to be part of the action.


They were very easy to shoot, and were open to any and all ideas. They were also great at being told when a look wasn't working for them. Their open attitude towards my direction and trust in my creative process was greatly appreciated and I look forward to one day working with them again in the near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment