Thursday 14 July 2011

Melinda Adams- MUA with a green thumb!

Earlier this year and in the last part of 2010, I had the pleasure of working with MUA Melinda Adams. Both as a subject and as an MUA. She was introduced to me by my friend Angela, whom I've shot several times (See my Mad Hatter Tea Party, and Angela in the Alley sets on flickr or FB)  We first teamed up with a newer mode, Vanessa V.

We went with somewhat of a "Clockwork orange" feel to it, which lent itself perfectly to the wardrobe and makeup we were using. Antique props were again provided by myself, and we ended up on my studio on Duke street.


The text in this shot is not photoshop, this was actual grafeti on the wall. Suited the mood perfectly.



I next worked on a smaller shoot with Ang, and Melinda

The idea being she was a colorful bird, finally free from her cage



Didn't come out as well as I had hoped, owever one shot really spoke to me, and it is still one of my faves to this day


 This was shot with a very minimal setip. Bowens 200DX  with a soft box ,camera left
small kicker with optical slave camera right with a shoot through umbrella.

So more work to come. Melinda then contacted me with an idea of doing a "Pin-Up" Style shoot for herself. We ended up in a Working Garage in Dundas, shooting inside a with a vintage porsche and got some truly epic shots.


She was a blast to work with. Sadly she moved to BC (Sad for me, good for BC folk)

I'd love the opportunity to work with her again, should she ever return to Ontario.

More to come, stay tuned.

Simon

 

1 comment:

  1. Great photographs of an awesome little firecracker. You're right, it was GREAT for BC that she moved here. ;)
    I'm in love with your garage shoot. Everything I've seen of it is spectacular.
    I can see the thought process behind the bird cage, maybe you can work it out a bit differently and make it more successful? the idea is brill.

    ReplyDelete