Thursday 14 July 2011

Where do I begin. Lets start with earlier this year, and My work with MUA Katelyn Nadon.

Katelyn and I have worked together on several projects. One of them being a shoot I consider one of my personal best, with Stevie Starr and Clothing by Eros DIY (Michelle Weins)


So a while back, Kate contacted me with an idea of hers called the "Button Dolls" Which was inline with an idea I had wanted to shoot for some time now, thus began another collaboration on a 3 part series of photos. We've shot two of the 3 so far, and I am eager to begin on the third.
We ended up in my Studio (well actually a unit next door that was vacant) and threw a strobe up and started shooting. Our first Model was Angelina Campbell, and she did a great job. She was very open and good with any ideas or shots we wanted to try. Gotta love when subjects are willing to go outside of their comfort zone and try a different look or pose.  We used antique "tin type" photos and daguerreotype photos, along with a miriad of clock keys, doo-dads, widgets, and antique leather baby/infant shoes



The images we ended up with were great, and further inspired me on our next set of photos in the series.

This involved Erica and Chynna (our models) and returning with more of her great clothing from Eros DIY- Michelle Weins. Her outfits really set everything off perfectly and I love her concepts and designs. She always brings something unique to the table. We also had styling help from Chelsea Tilley- Who is an amazingly talented new affiliate of mine. She has a very keen eye and awesome concepts and designs, as well as great work with hair and accessories.

Again we end up back at my studio, and again in some vacant units we find the best spots. At one point we even end up on the roof. There is something about placing a beautiful subject in front of urban decay that speaks to me. It is definitely my "style"

We ended up with some more mind blowing images, and I haven't even finished processing all the amazing shots we got that day.




More to come from my work with this Series. Stay tuned.

Simon

No comments:

Post a Comment